Although summer is winding down, residents of East Cobb, Marietta and Buckhead can enjoy outdoor decks most of the year thanks to our mild Georgia weather. Outdoor decks are consistently listed as one of the top 5 home investments where you can see return on your investment. So whether you’re considering a new deck to sell your home faster or simply for your own enjoyment, here are some things to consider:
- Consider the architectural style of your home and select a deck style that will integrate naturally. For example, if you have a modern home, then you will want clean, simple lines rather than ornate woodwork.
- Decks are a great way to cover up some exterior flaws and enhance your outdoor living experience . In these pictures below Atlanta Curb Appeal was able to build around the outdoor water panel and keep it hidden with beautiful slats.
- If your backyard has plenty of tall trees, inherent to Georgia terrain, then your grass may be suffering from a lack of sunshine. A great way to cover up dull lawn that refuses to grow, is to add a wooden deck and turn our backyard into an area perfect for playing and entertaining.
- Don’t forget about adding shade with a pergola. Hanging out on the deck while protected from direct sunlight is one of life’s delights. Hang a hammock, set up some outdoor furniture and now you have an additional space to entertain or relax.
- Decks aren’t just for back yards. Depending on your home’s landscape, sometimes a front yard deck is the right solution
- And one extra tip for good luck! When choosing material for your deck, remember there is no right or wrong choice. Your decision will be based on your family needs and budget, the good news is that the range is wide, so get a free estimate to see what your options truly are.
Our next blog post will cover the variety of material available for decks.
Atlanta Curb Appeal is an exterior and interior contractor working in Marietta, East Cobb and Buckhead, GA neighborhoods. We build decks, outdoor living spaces, pergolas, sun rooms and more. Our customers appreciate our fast turnaround on estimates, that we show up and finish on time and finally that we don’t tack on funny charges at the end. We know how to bid a job because owner Avi Moyal is trained as a technical architect.
Check out our beautiful website, http://www.AtlantaCurbAppeal.com to get inspired with more great curb appeal ideas.