“This is exactly the kind of project I LOVE to do and the main reason why I started this business. I told the client that this is going to be a showcase project.” Avi Moyal-Owner Atlanta Curb Appeal
The background story:
This young couple bought a nice older home in Buckhead and found me online to give some ideas for better curb appeal.
I met with them and we discussed a few design options and plans for them to consider.
They liked the first proposal and asked to move forward to the design process. A week later I met with them again and presented our drawings for the proposed design.
After a few days of negotiating and design adjustments, they approved the scope of work and budget. Work started Monday of this week and we are getting a good results and progress. There is nothing like getting the ball moving quickly and seeing the joy of the homeowner as their home begins to transform.
The house is a little bungalow siding exterior and here is the list of things we are going to do:
Phase – 1
- Paint the entire exterior of the house (special paint from Benjamin Moore for vinyl siding).
- Extend the entrance roof cover to go all the way over the stairs
- Build a new 16×10 deck and a pergola on top made of pressure treated wood.
- Building a decorative handrail around the deck and along the stairs
- Cover all concrete stairs with stone
- Add a gate at the bottom of the stairs for the dogs
- Replace top pick triangle of siding with cedar shakes (cedar is a gorgeous choice)
- Add new lights in the new extended entrance roof cover plus 2 new wall mount exterior lights on the deck
- Replace window shutters (custom made)
- Adding window boxes
- Build a new flower box 10′ long to cover the old white brick on the left side of the house
- Cover the bottom columns of the deck with horizontal 1×6 wood
We can’t wait to share more about this amazing home in Buckhead we are updating. Check out our next post that will include more photographs and details of the work in progress.