House Renovation in Roswell
How did they find Atlanta Curb Appeal? They hired a designer to help them renovate their house. This designer then brought me on to bid on the project. The client liked what they saw and did some online research about us. After we met, they insisted to only work with Atlanta Curb Appeal.
What were the renovations that they were looking to have done?
1) Take out a wall between the kitchen and dining room and install a metal beam to support the new wide opening.
2) Demolition of the entire kitchen and installation of new cabinets and new appliances.
3) Demolish all of the old glued down floors and install new wide panel red oak hardwood floors and then stain them.
4) Custom build a barn door using beautiful reclaimed wood from her grandfather’s farm and also build a fireplace mantel with this same gorgeous wood.
6) Upgrade bathrooms with new tile and vanities.
7) Resurface the brick fireplace with stone.
8) Install cedar ceiling beams and columns.
9) Replace all lights and switches in the house so they could connect to the “smart home” computerized control system created by Media Nexus.
10) Install surround sound system
11) Replaced carpet on stairs and handrail with oak wood to match the new floors.
What prompted the whole house renovation? They purchased this home and it needed a lot of work to get up to their standards
What was the biggest change that the clients have kept coming back to as their “favorite improvement”?
Knocking down the wall in the kitchen. It created an open kitchen floor plan so that the island became part of the dining area. Now there is a natural flow in the house. This opening also naturally expanded the size of the kitchen.
Which room or section was the biggest challenge?
Removing they old floors! They were glued down. It was very time consuming, it literally took an extra day of demolition for 5 guys to tear all small wood pieces off the subfloor.
Which part was your personal favorite? I personally always like the creative part of a project no matter what size it is. But if I had to pick I would say, working on the true reclaimed wood on the barn doors and the fireplace mantel was a pleasure. Jose, my carpenter for the last 4 years, has over 30 years of experience with wood and he loves working on unique wood pieces like these. He is also well equipped with about every tool you can imagine that could be used on wood.
Did they make any modern or trendy decisions?
The client works for an electrical supply company so he had all the latest and greatest technology upgrades.
Tell us more about media system that was installed as well as the electricity updates.
We partnered with Media Nexus, a local home systems technology company. They integrated the audio/visual technology, lighting and other systems into a smart home that is operated with a single button click, creating a unique user experience for the owners. It is simply amazing.
Tell me about color schemes, did they decide or did you help guide them? They used the designer for colors and fixtures decisions. It looks wonderful.
How long did this enormous project take to finish?
The project was completed over a 5 week period. Remarkable, given the scope of work.
Did they love the results? Yes, they have already hired us again to demolish the back yard deck and rebuild the new deck, covered porch and railing system!
Thanks for reading,
Want to see more projects? Check out our gallery.