8 Fantastic Reasons to Install An Outdoor Kitchen This Year!
We can all agree, we have missed our friends this spring.
One way to open up this summer is with an outdoor kitchen. Being outdoors with friends is a great way to physically distance. No need to go to a restaurant and spend the whole time worrying if you’re sitting too close to a stranger. Plus, having a place outdoors where you can meet within the distance of a well-stocked wine refrigerator cannot be understated. The starting price range of a new outdoor kitchen can be as little as 8k.
We Can Build Out in as Little as 10 Days!
East Cobb outdoor kitchens and decks have been becoming increasingly popular with our Atlanta Curb Appeal clients over the years. More and more families have decided to expand where they are at and make changes within, instead of moving. With an outdoor kitchen and deck, you can physically distance while having a fan going to keep the air circulating! It’s not super difficult to add on with an outdoor kitchen or deck because it’s simply building on top of an existing pad or adding to the pad.
We put together 8 reasons that may help you decide to build on.
- It’s fun! Cooking outdoors mixes it up a little, and we can all admit, during a pandemic, we could use a break from the day in, day out making every meal, three times a day. It’s a new experience and makes it an “event” to cook outside!
- Year-Round Use. Georgia weather lends itself to having permanent outdoor entertainment spaces. Adding roofs and fans can bring down the summer temperatures. Mom and the kids making TikToks or hitting the hot tub while cooking is a great way to stay outside for extended periods.
- Added Home Value. A new outdoor kitchen will make your home stand out from the pack of other homes in the neighborhood. An outdoor kitchen is something that many people wish they had!
- Not a Huge Project. From start to finish we can do some outdoor kitchensDreamy Outdoor East Cobb Kitchen in as little as 10 days. We begin with framing, then carpentry, put on the countertops (typically granite), then add the appliances, and finally install the electric, plumbing, and gas. Our crew has a great working system in place to keep the job moving.
- Stops trips of going in and outside while cooking. How many times have the burgers burned because you ran in to wash the tools or grab a plate? A well-stocked outdoor kitchen with an under-counter refrigerator is a great way to get started. Plus, having extra countertop space to prep veggies or layout the plates is so valuable!
- New space to sit around and surround the outdoor chef. Barstools or a bench with creative LED lighting turns a back porch into a destination to spend time with friends. Add some speakers and a hanging TV, and you’ve got a party!
- Great way to try new things! Some homeowners get a new Green Egg Smoker, and it sits in a corner, under the cloth covering they bought with it. With a custom outdoor kitchen (with a specific drop-in space for the Green Egg), you now have counter space to work with it. Some of our clients are foodies, so another great addition that’s fun is an outdoor pizza oven. Year-round pizza or bread without heating up the indoors? Total bonus.
- Add a fireplace or fire pit while you are at it. Being outside will be the new favorite place to be while at home in the coming years. Having an outdoor fireplace can be fun for the adults in the fall. How many times have your kids asked, “Dad, can we have a fire tonight?” It’s easy to say “yes” with an outdoor fireplace.
Atlanta Curb Appeal offers free estimates if you are considering a new outdoor kitchen or deck. We are highly experienced in bringing projects to fruition on time and on budget.
Want to read another makeover story? Check out this Million Dollar Deck we added for this family.